Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Gratitude Day


As my closest family and friends know, I struggle with the major holidays. If I had my choice,... I have no idea what I would actually do instead. Hide? Go away?

For the past several years, I have tried to figure out how to engage in holidays without stressing out too much. I think I have come from such an intense family that working my way through the years of three major meals on a holiday and all the family dynamics that went with it, created such a headache and indigestion. And, that was before we left for the first home.

Sitting in meditation this morning, there was such a nourishing element to the practice today. I bow to the group and our little sacred space. May we each show up as we are and be fully awake to the basic goodness that is already there.

With deep gratitude, I thank my fellow meditators for continuing to show up and share in the silence that breaks through my drama and stories. Goodness knows my family has given me plenty of grist for my practice. Peace be with you. And my family? May peace be with every last one of you, too.

1 comment:

  1. As hard as it is to believe sometimes- everyone wants to be happy.
    thanks!

    ReplyDelete